Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

Too Much On My Plate?

Today I realized that maybe I'm feeling preemptively burnt out....like I'm anticipating it...I'm trying to make all these changes and try all these new things this year and spend all this money and try to keep everyone else happy and all I can think about is all the stuff that is still just around the corner.  I'm taking one online class, but that usually takes up a pretty good amount of time studying each week.  I am behind on video editing for YouTube and have a bunch of new ones lined up.  There's pressure for me to buy a new bed because I threw my old one out for reasons explained here:



And I've just been working more and this week we have some promotion going on so I have to deal with that, and I'm sick of emailing and calling people already.  These dumbass people who pick up the phone and are like, "Well, I'm busy right now...."  Then don't pick up your phone!  Let it go to voicemail, dumb dumb!  Egh, sorry, just had to rant a minute there.....

I went out a lot last week perhaps because I knew that soon I would be really way too busy to do much after and before work.  We have plans to go out this week as well.  I went shopping for a video (and myself), and subscribed to two monthly unboxing services.  Horror Block and KitNipBox.

Almost everything I spend these days has something to with YouTube videos, or channel improvement, video quality, whatever, you get the idea.  Except for food....and actually, sometimes food too for my sushi video, and my vegan taste test videos....it's amazing how much YT can take over your life in such a short amount of time.

I've been watching a lot of my favorite YouTubers' vlogging channels lately as well.  I should be watching less and doing more, but the vlogging channels, which are independent from their infotainment channels, are quite beneficial for me from a business stand point.  You get to see their behind the scenes stuff, they talk about how they manage their time, how they started, answer questions and give tips, etc.  So it is still like I'm working.  Research work.  Speaking of which, I need to do a lot of research for my future videos and I have not been making the time.  It's simply my own fault.  I'm not making it happen.  I think fear has taken over in some aspects.

Fear of failure, fear of not doing a good enough job, fear of criticism, and what have you.  But that's not the point to this whole thing, this whole year.  YouTube makes me peanuts right now, but it still needs to take precedence and needs to be treated like a second job.  Like I've said before, my only regret is that I didn't start doing it sooner.

But there's no sense in regretting, I just have to continue to make strides.  I need to buy another soft box as well.  As if I thought the one would be enough....

Oh, and I had a request asking how I cook my tofu.....


I don't have a specific technique.  Best thing to do is let the tofu drain overnight in a Tupperware container or a covered bowl.  I didn't have time for that, so I just cubed a whole container of tofu, sprayed a little olive oil in a wok type pan, dumped in the tofu, put heat on medium to high, cover it and just let the sides brown.  Mix up the tofu from time to time so they can brown on all sides, or if you're crafty, you can shake them up and toss them in the air, just make sure you know how to get them back in the pan and not all over the place, haha.

I added soy sauce from the beginning as well so it gives it some extra flavor and saltiness and browns it a little more.  Later I added water here and there so the pan wouldn't burn and to get the other spices to stick to it.  I put in curry and ginger powder and added whole cloves of garlic.  But really anything you like can go in!  Basil would be nice :)

Basically I just keep an eye on it, there are other things you can do like bake it for a little while to make it crispier, if times permits.  I also added green onions and steamed broccoli near the end, but sometimes browning the broccoli is amazing too.

Hope this helps!  I'm not a chef so I'm a little scatter-brained with my explanation :-P

Anyway, I should get back to it.  Lots to do :)

Thanks for stopping by kittens.

4 comments:

  1. Yummmmmmmmyyyyyy! I love the idea of curry on tofu, haven't tried that (yet).

    -Your biggest fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm honored! I didn't know you liked tofu, I thought you were a big meat eater!

      Then again, my boyfriend eats TONS of meat and still loves tofu too, ha.

      Delete
    2. No, I'm actually not a big meat eater at all. Husband is, maybe you're thinking of him? I can take it or leave it, mostly leave it.

      I love to cook, so maybe that's why you're thinking MEATTTT. I also like to grill but not really eat meat that I've grilled. B-)

      Delete
    3. That's awesome. Yeah, I'm not fully meat free right now, but I don't eat much of it at home, only if I go out. But yes, cooking and experimenting with tofu is great! :)

      Delete